Our horse-related website building service is not for everyone.
I was looking at a website about livestock handling schools. Who doesn’t want to learn to handle livestock better, quieter and with less stress? Oh, my livestock are used to a LOT of quiet because I will kick anyone off this place forever that riles up my cows or horses. However, I can sure learn more. For me, the best page on that site was the one that included the words, “This school isn’t for you if you move your cows with buckets of pellets.” Oh oh. That’s me! I admit it. I just rattle that bucket and my girls will follow me anywhere. I’ve always appreciated very much that they didn’t take my money when I wasn’t going to be a fit for the school. Very decent of them.
We are not the right fit for everyone. This service is designed for a very specific role.
Don’t sign up for our service if you:
- You don’t have and can’t get good photos of your horses. If you believe you can’t find someone who can get good photos with a good DSLR camera you aren’t ready for internet marketing. You must have an acceptable offline marketing campaign that doesn’t require improvement.
- You won’t even try to write good descriptions of your horses. “Writing” can just be talking these days. You need good text to sell online. We can work toward great text, but we have to start somewhere.
- You want a totally unique to you bespoke website and you have a $5000+ up front budget over and above the monthly maintenance costs. We love to build those kind of projects and hope you’ll contact us about building yours. However, you won’t fit in the DHM system.
- You like to listen to advice and then not follow it. You absolutely get to make your own decisions, but you’ll usually be more successful if you follow at least most of our advice because we have been at this for decades. We actual do a lot of things we do for a reason.
- You want the cheapest solution out there. DHM website plans are not the cheapest. You can get a site plan from a DIY option for around $15/month. That is SO much cheaper than we are. Of course you have to build the thing yourself without guidance. And SEO will be yours to figure out and implement. And you’ll have to figure out how to hook up to the Google products. How about hooking up a good email marketing system. Oh, and wait until you have to figure out how to get that mobile-responsive pedigree table sorted out. We could go on and on. (If you have been down this road and are ready to up your game, we are here to help.
- You think websites are a matter of “if you build it they will come”. Field of Dreams was a fun movie. However, websites pay off only if you work at them steadily. No, they aren’t a full time job for most horse breeders – unless you are really, really big –
- You are a really, really big breeder. Again, we LOVE to build sites for big breeders. However, we have to limit the size of the DHM sites and if you have more than about 10-20 mares please understand we might have to offer you a custom site instead.
- The horses you have for sale are just junk. Seriously, we have to have a good product or we can’t help you. And besides, I won’t help you sell junk to anyone. The world is, thankfully, full of a huge variety of horses. We’ll help you regardless of breed or discipline or niche.
- You want someone to build you a site, hand it over, and be done. There are lots of people out there who do that very well. It’s just not how we do it. Websites are ongoing adventures. The tech changes, things improve and things break, updates are constantly coming at you, content must be kept up to date (mostly by you but we want to be here to help).